The Web Services Team and Customer and Local Services have worked together to deliver a new long-term care section on gov.je that aims to make long-term care easier to understand.
About long-term care
The long-term care scheme provides financial support to Jersey residents who need long-term care for the rest of their life, either at home or in a care home.
How much financial support you receive depends on what level of care and support you need and what you can afford to pay.
We knew from customer feedback that long-term care was difficult to understand.
We wanted to make sure that customers were able to quickly access information about long-term care online and have a really good understanding of:
- how to apply
- the process they need to follow to join the long-term care scheme
- what they may be entitled to financially
- what care and support is available to them and their carers
We’ve worked hard to bring all this information together in a simple and concise way for our customers.
The new section on gov.je includes:
- simple and clear language
- easy navigation and a clear layout
- information on how to apply
- an online checklist to help you identify what financial support is available to you
- detailed information on the financial support routes available
- helpful information about care providers and support for carers
Our next steps include:
- providing an easy read version of long-term care information
- adding in some helpful videos
We hope that this helps our customers to understand what can be a complex subject and empowers them with the knowledge they need to make big decisions about their care.
If you have any feedback about the new website, we’d love to hear from you.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org