Last week Holly Morison and Amber James from the Digital Delivery Team in Modernisation and Digital attended the NN/g Nielsen Norman Group UX Conference in London to complete their UX (User Experience) certification.
NN/g are known as world-leaders in UX consulting and research. They provide best practice and experience with experts in the field.
They completed 5 courses and 5 exams each in 5 days and we’re extremely pleased to say they passed with flying colours. This means that they join Ellen Somma and Charlene Brown as UX certified Web Content Strategists on the Digital Delivery Team.
The team joins an elite group of people on the Island who have gained this certification and we’re extremely proud to have them working on making gov.je the fantastic website that it is.
The NN/g UX certification helps candidates to build on their human-centered design skills and broaden their User Experience knowledge. User Experience (UX) design is the process design teams use to create products that provide meaningful and relevant experiences to users. This involves the design of the entire process, including aspects of branding, design, usability and function.
Some of the areas the Digital Delivery Team now specialise in are:
- Content Strategy
- Information Architecture
- The Human Mind and Usability
- Generating Big Ideas with Design Thinking
- Persuasive and Emotional Design
- Better Content Strategies to Increase Quality and Effectiveness
- UX Deliverables
- Web Page UX Design
- Facilitating UX workshops
- Omnichannel Journeys and Customer Experience
- Being a UX Leader
- Analytics and User Experience
- Measuring User Experience
- Personas: Turn User Data Into User-Centered Design
- Usability Testing
- User Research Methods: From Strategy to Requirements to Design
If you have a government digital project coming up and you’re looking for someone with a wealth of User Experience (UX) knowledge to make your services and online content the best it can be for your customer, get in touch with the Digital Delivery Team.